A while ago I fixed a problem with the BlackBerry Convertible Case. Today, let's tackle most famous of all PlayBook hardware nags: The Power Button.
Many people think the button is too small. Those with big fingers like me, know the button is simply recessed a bit too far.
I am a geek - so complaining is not good enough. I must have a fix. So here it is...
Raised PlayBook Power Button
1. Go and get a tube of GOOP Adhesive. It doesn't really matter which type of GOOP. I have found they all work about the same. In fact, I use a Canadian equivalent from LePage.
2. Find some Duct Tape. Just about any tape will do. Duct Tape just has an aura about it.
3. Create a frame around the Power Button with a few layers duct tape.
4. Carefully pour some GOOP adhesive into the duct tape frame. Let it set for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the tape and gently shape the partially cured adhesive into a rounded button.
(Actual modification at 4X magnification)
6. Wait 24 hours and you'll have a Perfect Power™ Button.
The new button is a joy to use - and it works even better with the Convertible Case.
(Modification is invisible at normal viewing distance)